When people think of cocktails that have orange juice, they usually think of the Mimosa, Screwdriver, French 75 and of course, the Tequila Sunrise. Sure, those are tasty… but did you know that there’s an orange-y, tennis-y libation called the Tennis Elbow”?
It combines the fruity flavors of orange, apricot, and pineapple with your favorite brand of gin. Even if you aren’t a gin drinker, you will LOVE this drink! And if you don’t drink alcohol, simply leave out the gin, and you’ll still have a deliciously fruity beverage to enjoy at breakfast or anytime!
Give it a try this weekend, or serve it up at your next tennis function :-)
Serves 8 | Active time: 5 minutes | Total time: 5 minutes
- 4 cups chilled pineapple juice
- 3 cups chilled apricot nectar
- 2 cups chilled grapefruit juice
- 1 1/3 cups gin
- 1 cup chilled tonic water
- Ice cubes
- Pineapple wedges
- Lime wheels, halved
- Stir first 3 ingredients in large pitcher to blend.
- Add gin and tonic water to fruit juices and stir to blend.
- Pour into 8 tall glasses filled with ice. Garnish with pineapple wedges and halved lime wheels and serve.
** Omit the gin for a delicious virgin alternative.
Be sure and check out all of our other recipes for great healthy pre/post match or workout snacks and meals!