Ringing in the New Year wouldn’t be the same without making our New Year’s resolutions. For many people, their list may include things like quitting smoking, or losing weight, or eating healthier – all of which are EXCELLENT resolutions, by the way! But most of us simply strive to be a better version of ourselves than the year before.
One thing to note when composing your list is that you should include things you truly feel that you can accomplish because let’s face it…no one likes to fail. Setting goals too high might actually sabotage your efforts altogether.
So here is my list of things (in no particular order) of things which I believe I will be able to accomplish:
- Take my fitness level up a notch (and drop a few holiday pounds!)
- Win 75% of my matches
- Play more singles tennis
- Work on my poaching skills
- Support my teammates by arriving early and sticking around after my league matches to watch their matches and (politely) cheer them on
- Watch more pro tennis on TV and really pay attention to their strategies and to the commentators analyzing them
- Learn a new technique
- Attend a live tennis match (like at the Clay Court Championships in April!)
- Stop the cussing on the courts
- Scratch one thing off of my tennis bucket list
It’s not as easy to keep resolutions as it is to make them, but the feeling of accomplishment I get when I do makes it all worth it :-)
How ’bout you? Do you have any tennis resolutions for the new year? Please share them with us in the comment’s section below!